San Jacinto College SOS (Students Online System) provides a secure online system to view final grades, transcripts, register for classes, access financial aid information and more. It serves as an essential resource to help students stay up to date on all college activities.
San Jac SOS, email and blackboard are just a few of the technology resources available to students at San Jac.
San Jac SOS
Take advantage of all San Jacinto College has to offer by taking a few easy steps. Follow this helpful guide for all your college technology requirements.
Logging Into San Jac SOS
In order to access the San Jac SOS login portal, please follow these steps:
Navigate to sanjac.edu/soslogin and click on the SOS LOGIN button,
which will take you to a login page.
On this page, enter your username, enter your password,
and finally click Sign In for access to your student portal dashboard.
To access San Jac SOS, you will need your Student ID and password.
Your password for SOS is the one created when you initially claimed your account.
If you have not claimed your account yet by answering security questions and creating a password, keep reading to discover how easy it is to do so.
If you are a New Student and have been conditionally accepted but unable to access San Jac SOS, contact the Admissions Office on the campus where you plan to study.
How to Claim your San Jac SOS Account
All San Jacinto College students must retrieve their accounts before accessing most College systems.
- The Account Claim Process allows new users to generate security questions for their account, create a password, and retrieve their User ID (G#).
- Claim your account by following these steps:
- Visit the San Jac SOS Login page at www.sanjac.edu/oslogin and click on the ‘Claim Your Account Link’ link to claim your account.
- Enter your first name, last name, zip code and date of birth into the provided fields. Be sure to type it out using this format: MM/DD/YYY (For example: 01/07/2003).
- Click on the Computer Usage Policy link and read through it (opens in new window).
Please check off the box next to “I certify that I have read and agreed to the policy on computer privileges and responsibilities,
- ” then click Next. If you experience difficulty claiming your account, don’t hesitate to contact Tech
- Support at 281-998-6137 for assistance.
- On the next page, enter a password for your account in both New Password and Verify New Password fields and
- then click Next. Your password must be at least eight characters long, contain at least one number, and include at least one unique character.
- On the next page, you will receive confirmation that your password has been successfully changed.
- Be sure to note the provided G# (username) for future reference.
- Answer each Pre-Defined Question in the provided text field with at least three characters.
- Under User-Defined Questions, type in your question and provide an answer.
- If you wish to add a security question, click “Add Optional User Defined Question,” each click adding another security question to your account.
- If you wish to remove a question, click the delete (trash can) button.
- After finishing, click Next.
- You will now receive confirmation that your challenge questions were successfully updated.
- You may now close your browser or click any of the two links provided on this page for further action.
- Your account has now been successfully claimed. You should now be able to log in.
- Once notified by San Jacinto College’s Admissions Office/Enrollment Management Center that your application has been accepted,
- visit the SOS System at sanjac.edu/soslogin and confirm with your G# and password created that it works.
How to Reset your Password
Have you forgotten your password and need to reset it? These steps will help:
- Visit the Self-Service System at www.sanjac.edu/password and select “Need Help?” followed by
- “Forgot My Password.”
- A new window or browser tab will open; enter your username and click Next when prompted
- (example: G00430697) for students).
- Next, you will be asked to provide an answer to your challenge questions. Enter the response(s)
- that were provided when setting up your challenge questions and click Next.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to create a new password. Simply fill in both fields with
- your new password and verify it using Verify New Password before clicking Next. When complete,
- you will receive confirmation that your password has been altered successfully.
How to Change Password
If you know your password but would like to update or modify it using this system, take these steps:
- Log into the Self-Service System at www.sanjac.edu/password and select Change Password from the dropdown arrow next to your name on your account homepage.
- Enter your current password into the provided Current Password field, then type a new one into both New Password and Confirm New Password fields.
- Note that to change your password, you must choose one that meets the current requirements. All passwords must contain at least eight characters and a maximum of 16 characters, and at least one number (e.g., 1, 2, 3, 4)).
- Must contain at least one unique character (e.g., $, #, &, *).
- If your new password does not meet these requirements, clicking “Save” will fail and an error message will appear along with details under “Your new password MUST be.”
- Once you are happy with the password selected, click Save.
- You will receive confirmation that your password has been successfully changed; simply click Close to exit out of the new window.
Register Classes Online through San Jac SOS
- Log into San Jac SOS. Enter your Student ID number (capital G with assigned eight-digit number) as the login name, then type the password created when setting up your account.
- Under the “My Student Records” tab, select My Registration and follow the system prompts to select your desired registration term.
- Step 5 – Register for Classes
- Select this step and enter the CRN numbers for desired classes. Lastly, hit Submit Changes to save your changes or determine if any registration restrictions exist.
- Once the schedule is correct, select the View My Schedule link at the bottom of the page to have
- the system calculate tuition and fees due.
- Please be aware that making changes after classes have started may result in additional charges being added.
- Select View Fee Assessment and then click the Student Account Suite button for payment deadlines. Refer to Registration and Payment Schedule for further details.
- Be sure to print your schedule and payment confirmation before exiting the system, and double-
- check that it is accurate. Late changes will incur additional charges. To view your schedule and fees, click “Print Options – Schedule/Fee Bill.”