Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) in North Carolina, USA, uses the online account system called WakeID. It offers employees, instructors, and students access to a range of internet tools and services, including email, instructional software, and other digital resources.
WakeID is a single sign-on (SSO) solution that enables users to log in once with their WakeID credentials and then access various apps and services without having to check in to each one separately.
This simplifies access to digital resources inside the WCPSS ecosystem. Students, instructors, and other staff members generally utilize WakeID to access a variety of digital tools and resources used in the educational context, including learning management systems (LMS), online textbooks, productivity software, and other educational apps.
Wakeid portal login
With more than 160,000 students and 20,000 workers, the Wake County Public School System is one of the largest school systems in North Carolina. The WCPSS Technology Services Department oversees the management of WakeID, which is used by students and staff at all of the system’s campuses. With WakeID, students, faculty, and staff will have a quick and safe way to access online materials, and user data will be protected by the necessary security and privacy protections.
Features of WakeID
WakeID offers a variety of features to students and educators in the Wake County Public School System. Some of these features include:
- Access to several educational applications and resources with a single sign-on, such as Google Suite, Canvas, and NCEdCloud.
- Each user has a unique dashboard that they may personalize to display the tools and applications they use the most frequently.
- Information about students, including grades and attendance history, is accessible securely.
- Tools for teacher-student communication, such as email and messaging services.
- Including in district-wide learning programs like digital learning days and individualized learning.
- Simple access to technical support and help with login difficulties.
Benefits of WakeID
The WakeID portal offers a range of benefits to both students and educators, including:
- simplified access to a variety of instructional tools and information in one place.
- enhanced role-based access restrictions and secure authentication to increase the security and privacy of student data.
- improved teacher-student interaction both within and outside of the classroom, as well as improved communication and teamwork.
- Through the use of district-wide programs and resources, students will have more chances for individualized learning and increased participation.
- a more effective and efficient use of technology in the classroom, with simple access to resources for technical assistance and troubleshooting.
How to Login to WakeID
To log in to WakeID, students and educators will need to have an active account through the Wake County Public School System. To access the portal, follow these steps:
- Go to the WakeID website at https://wakeid.wcpss.net.
- Enter your Wake County Public School System username and password.
- Click the “Login” button to access the portal.
If you have any issues logging in or accessing the portal, you can contact the WakeID Help Desk at 919-694-8100 or by emailing [email protected].
Official Website for WakeID
The official website for WakeID is https://wakeid.wcpss.net/. This site provides access to the portal, as well as additional resources and information for students and educators.
Contacts for WakeID Support
If you need assistance with WakeID, there are several ways to get help:
- Help Desk: Call 919-694-8100 for technical support or email [email protected].
- WCPSS Technology Services: Visit the Technology Services website at https://www.wcpss.net/techservices for additional resources and information.
- School-Based Support: Contact your school’s media coordinator or technology facilitator for additional assistance and support.
The Wake County Public School System’s students and teachers have access to a variety of features and advantages through the powerful portal known as WakeID. WakeID makes it simpler for students and educators to access the resources they need to promote student learning by providing single sign-on access to a number of educational applications and services.
WakeID supports a more effective and efficient use of technology in the classroom by providing safe access to student information, communication tools, and technical support services.